Welcome to The Coffee Canvas! I’m Ishita and I’m so glad you’re here! 😀
I’m a 27 year old beauty junkie from New Delhi, India. Even though I’ve been really interested in makeup and beauty products since I was a kid (I tried to dye my hair brown when I was just 12 years old), my obsession for the same sky rocketed in the past 3-4 years.
I’m a brown girl with VERY oily skin. Over the years, while trying to find that perfect face wash, or the perfect contour shade for my skin tone, I realised how HARD it was for me to find exactly what I was looking for. So, I decided to start this blog, to share my love for beauty and my journey in finding the next best product for my skin type and skin colour 🙂
I have fine, thin and sort of straight hair, with an extremely oily scalp and dry ends. I also have a genetic scalp condition called Alopecia due to which my hair has started thinning quite a lot.
In no way am I an expert on skincare products or a professional make-up artist, but I am a self proclaimed hoarder and I simply want to share my thoughts and views on beauty products, especially the ones that work for me.
My beauty profile –
- Skin Tone – Brown, Tan Skin with yellow undertones
- Skin Type – Super oily (Usually a grease ball within 2 hours of washing face or applying makeup)
- Hair Type – Very fine, straight, thinning hair. Naturally very dark brown
Foundation Shades which work for me –
- MAC Foundation Shade – NC 43/NC 44
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Shade – Golden Caramel 332
- NYX Total Control Drop – Caramel
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Shade – 4W2 Toasty Toffee
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r – 330 (Slightly yellower but oxidises into my shade)
- HUDA Beauty Faux Filter – 430 N Gingerbread
- L.A. Colors Truly Matte Foundation – Cafe
- Make Up Forever HD Foundation – Y445
Connect with me on Instagram – @thecoffeecanvas
Some YouTube channels I follow and love –